Anchor Projects and Precincts encourage other developments around them and attract people into the central city. They are all about people – making the central city a place where people want to live, work and visit for social and cultural activities.
- Many new public spaces - gardens, parks, and gathering spaces that make the central city greener, and easier and more enjoyable to move around
- Major new public facilities like the Convention Centre and the Parakiore Recreation and Sports Centre, that will encourage locals and visitors into the central city
- The Canterbury Earthquake National Memorial
- Around 900 new residential dwellings, to encourage people to live in the central city
- Improvements to the traffic network, to make it easier to move around the city by car, bike, or on foot.
The Christchurch Central Recovery Plan defines the Blueprint Plan, the framework for the rebuilt city, and outlines key Anchor Projects and Precincts for central Christchurch.